More than 100 of America’s leading public relations firms are currently members of the Council. They represent the premier global, mid-size, regional and specialty agencies across every discipline and practice area.
Advocate for and advance the business of public relations firms by building the market and the value of firms as strategic business partners.
These are the philosophical guidelines for the organization’s activities:
- Promote excellence in the practice of public relations firms
- Enhance future success for member firms in a rapidly changing environment
- Share best practices in firm management
- Champion honesty, integrity and transparency
- Expand and diversify the talent pool
Advocacy and Standards
The Council is dedicated to strengthening the recognition and role of public relations firms in corporate strategy, business performance and social education; to serve as an authoritative source of information and expert comment and to help set standards for the industry. The Council provides its members guidelines that include the Code of Ethics and Principles, which specifically addresses transparency and disclosure.